Superstitious? Here is every NFL team’s luckiest day, time, and turf
For many sports enthusiasts, superstitions and game-day rituals are as much a part of the NFL as tackles and touchdowns. While fans might wear a particular jersey or insist on sitting in a specific spot, is a team’s success actually affected by a particular day, time, or even the turf they play on?
Sportsbooks comparison site SportsbooksOnline.com, analyzed the results of 5,928 NFL games spanning over a decade, to determine if external factors such as day, time, or playing surface correlate with a team’s likelihood of securing a victory.
This analysis shows that home games that kick off at 1:00 PM ET on a Sunday produce the highest number of wins for 75% of teams (24 out of 32 teams), including the New England Patriots, The Pittsburgh Steelers, and The New York Giants.
Conversely, teams such as the Kansas City Chiefs and Philadelphia Eagles are observed to have a higher win rate on specific turf types, with 58% of teams winning more games when playing on grass than FieldTurf.
For five of the 32 NFL teams (Denver Broncos, Dallas Cowboys, Green Bay Packers, San Francisco 49ers, and Seattle Seahawks), Sunday home games played at 4:25 PM ET produced the highest number of wins. Among the teams analyzed, 60% had a higher winning rate when playing on grass than FieldTurf.
The remaining three teams (Los Angeles Chargers, Las Vegas Raiders, and Arizona Cardinals) experienced more wins when games kicked off on Sundays at 4:05 PM ET, with the Cardinals and Raiders winning more games on grass than FieldTurf.
The data also revealed that Tampa Bay Buccaneers, LA Chargers, Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns, and Jacksonville Jaguars scored more points from away games than other teams. This may indicate the support level traveling fans give their teams when playing away from home.
Interestingly, the data also revealed that every NFL team has won more games at home than away, with the average home game win rate standing at 55.72%.
NFL Team Luckiest day Luckiest time Luckiest turf
NFL Team Luckiest day Luckiest time Luckiest turf
Arizona Cardinals Sunday 4:05 PM ET Grass
Atlanta Falcons Sunday 1:00 PM ET FieldTurf
Baltimore Ravens Sunday 1:00 PM ET Grass
Buffalo Bills Sunday 1:00 PM ET FieldTurf
Carolina Panthers Sunday 1:00 PM ET FieldTurf
Chicago Bears Sunday 1:00 PM ET Grass
Cincinnati Bengals Sunday 1:00 PM ET FieldTurf
Cleveland Browns Sunday 1:00 PM ET Grass
Dallas Cowboys Sunday 4:25 PM ET FieldTurf
Denver Broncos Sunday 4:25 PM ET Grass
Detroit Lions Sunday 1:00 PM ET FieldTurf
Green Bay Packers Sunday 4:25 PM ET Grass
Houston Texans Sunday 1:00 PM ET FieldTurf
Indianapolis Colts Sunday 1:00 PM ET FieldTurf
Jacksonville Jaguars Sunday 1:00 PM ET Grass
Kansas City Chiefs Sunday 1:00 PM ET Grass
Las Vegas Raiders Sunday 4:05 PM ET Grass
Los Angeles Chargers Sunday 4:05 PM ET FieldTurf
Los Angeles Rams Sunday 1:00 PM ET FieldTurf
Miami Dolphins Sunday 1:00 PM ET Grass
Minnesota Vikings Sunday 1:00 PM ET FieldTurf
New England Patriots Sunday 1:00 PM ET FieldTurf
New Orleans Saints Sunday 1:00 PM ET FieldTurf
New York Giants Sunday 1:00 PM ET FieldTurf
New York Jets Sunday 1:00 PM ET FieldTurf
Philadelphia Eagles Sunday 1:00 PM ET Grass
Pittsburgh Steelers Sunday 1:00 PM ET Grass
San Francisco 49ers Sunday 4:25 PM ET Grass
Seattle Seahawks Sunday 4:25 PM ET FieldTurf
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Sunday 1:00 PM ET Grass
Tennessee Titans Sunday 1:00 PM ET FieldTurf
Washington Commanders Sunday 1:00 PM ET Grass
Patrick Corkery, Content Writer at SportsbooksOnline.com commented on the study findings:
“While skills and strategy are paramount, it’s fascinating to consider that seemingly trivial factors such as the day of the week or time of kick off, could be influencing team morale and the likeliness of a win.
“This study seems to provide compelling evidence for the power of a home turf advantage, with the data revealing that every team logged more victories on their home ground than when they played away.”
If you use this story, please credit and link to https://sportsbooksonline.com
Outcomes of 5,928 NFL games for all 32 teams over the past decade were aggregated, offering a comprehensive dataset for analysis.
Day-based analysis: The data was analyzed to discern on which day of the week each team achieved the most victories.
Kick-off time breakdown: The data was analyzed to pinpoint the most favorable kick-off times that led to the most wins on the previously identified days.
Turf type influence: Each team’s outcomes were categorized and compared based on the playing surface (either grass or FieldTurf) to determine any influence of turf type on game results.
Criteria for inclusion: In the final results, only days where teams had played more than ten games during the studied duration were included.
This analysis is meant to provide fun and interesting insights into team performances under various conditions. SportsbooksOnline.com does not condone the use of these findings as the basis for any betting strategy.
Contractors Legal and Ethical Requirements / Protecting Your Home
JNR provides proof of Workman’s Comp, background checks, bonding and a $1 mil Liability Insurance policy, which is above and beyond the state requirements. We do this to ensure YOU are covered if anything goes wrong (more on this).
Great Reviews / Best Contractor & Landscaper 5 Years Running
5. Do they have good reviews? Are there multiple good reviews online for people they’ve worked for? In addition to being the highest rated contractor and landscaper in the Antelope Valley and surrounding areas, JNR has hundreds more in the “hidden reviews” section of Yelp - be sure to look for them! We pride ourselves on making our customers happy with the knowledge that most bad reviews are from people we never even worked for. JNR has won A.V.'s Best Contractor and A.V.’s Best Landscaper most of the years between 2017-2023.
Free Consultation / Fair Pricing / Deposits / Financing Available
6. Why should you wait? JNR will quickly schedule a free consultation with a licensed Home Improvement Salesperson/Designer (HIS) who will measure your project space and give you an estimate on the spot, instead of waiting a week or more.
7. Do they dump in the desert? Too many contractors are known to take your broken concrete, old wooden patio pieces and other landscaping materials and dump them in the desert. We are vehemently against illegal dumping - we live here too! - and we pay thousands of dollars every year to properly dispose at the appropriate landfills.
8. How much, and how much down? Despite the challenging economy, we’ve managed to keep prices down and we also let our customers know when specific items have exceeded inflation and spiked much higher (like wrought iron and vinyl fences in the current climate). As for down payments, California law is clear in that contractors may not ask for more than $1000 down or 10% of the total cost of the job, whichever is less. If anyone asks you for 50% down, which is a too-common occurrence, ask for proof of licensing and insurance, and chances are they don’t have those either.
9. Do banks trust this contractor? Most contractors are not granted access to banks to offer financing for various reasons. JNR does, having been vetted by many banks, which allows you more power in decision-making and more financial flexibility. For instance, a low monthly payment of $260 on an $18,500 project may be preferable to paying cash, or you may prefer a special program of 0%, 0 payments for a year. That way, you can wait until your dream project is completed before you pay.
JNR offers financing through Wells Fargo, Service Financial and several other banks to give you more options to beautify your home now, rather than waiting years before you begin. Approvals usually happen during the free consultation and just take a few minutes.
Location, Location, Location
10. Can you visit your contractor anytime? JNR Home Improvements has an office at 39450 3rd St East, in Palmdale. Although many contractors operate
“out of a truck,” JNR’s office is available to visit anytime during the week. We also have a small showroom displaying artificial turf and colored rock samples.
Any other questions? Just call us at 855-376-3330 and we’ll be happy to answer them.
MERCURY NEWS ARTICLE- Read full article here.
New permanent water conservation rules are coming to California — see how your city will be affectedPaul Rogers
PUBLISHED: August 31, 2023 at 12:47 p.m. | UPDATED: September 1, 2023 at 4:02 a.m.
By JNR Home Improvements